For the Dough:
1.5 cup All purpose flour
Salt to taste
5 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon Ajwain ( Carom Seeds )
1/2 cup Mixture of Yogurt & Milk ( Yogurt 75% + Milk 25% )
5 medium potatoes – Boiled , peeled and chopped into very small cubes
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
2-4 chopped Green chilies
1.5 teaspoon Coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
1.5 teaspoon Amchur ( dry mango powder )
Salt – As per taste
1/4 cup – Chopped Cilantro leaves
2-3 tablespoons oil
Making the Dough:
1) Mix the flour, salt, oil, ajwain well and then add the yogurt + milk mixture to make a soft dough . Knead the dough for a few minutes to make sure its smooth and pliable.
2) Set it aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
Making the Filling:
1) Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat .
2) Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds , green chilies, coriander powder, salt and stir for few seconds.
3) Add the potatoes and stir-fry for a few minutes. Make sure they get coated with the spice mix. Now add garam masala and amchur. Adjust spices to taste.
4)Let the filling cool to room temperature.
1)Knead the dough for a minute. Divide the dough into 6-7equal parts and make into balls. Roll each ball into atleast a 6-inch diameter circle and divide each circle in half.
2)Place the filling in the center of the semi-circles. Overlap the edges starting from flat base end.