Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
With summers strolling in, my heart and brain starts hunting for light, healthy yet flavorful meals. To add to my “ever-growing” list of light Asian meals, I decided to try my hand at Quinoa(Keen-wah or Kinuwa) Fried Rice and give it an Indo-Chinese makeover.
To know more about Quinoa or how to cook it CLICK HERE and coming back to Quinoa Fried Rice, this is how I made ’em …
3 cups cooked Quinoa, cooled
4 cloves Garlic or to taste, minced (The more the merrier)
1 1/2 cups Vegetable medley, finely chopped- carrots, beans, bell pepper, celery or any vegetable of your choice.
1/2 cup Corn kernels, boiled
2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
1.5 tbs. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tbs. Green Chili Sauce or to taste (optional)
1 tsp. Vinegar (optional)
2 Eggs, scrambled (optional)
1.5 tbs Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Spring Onion Greens – To Garnish
1) Heat oil in a large, heavy – bottomed / non-stick skillet or wok on medium-high heat.
2) Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and cook till the raw smell disappears. Keep stirring, making sure it doesn’t stick and burn.
3) Add the vegetable medley (carrots, beans, bell pepper, celery) + corn kernels to the skillet/wok and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the chopped spring onions and cook for another minute or two. Do not overcook the veggies, or else they’ll become mushy and lose the crunch .
5) Now add the quinoa and combine well. Toss until well incorporated. Add soy sauce, green chili sauce, vinegar(if using) and combine well.
6) Stir fry until the quinoa is heated well. Garnish with green onion greens. Serve hot!
1. The above mentioned process is meant to happen on high heat. I choose to work with medium-high heat, as I am more comfortable with it .
2. Make sure all the veggies are finely chopped and are of equal size for quick and even cooking. Keep all the chopped veggies handy, as there will be no time to chop in between.
3. Substitute quinoa with rice to prepare Fried Rice!
I am taking this flavorful dish to Angie’s Fiesta Friday, which is being co-hosted by Selma @Selma’s Table and Margy @La Petite Casserole this week! Join us for a weekend full of fun, frolic & laughter!
Happy Cooking !
Sonal Kalra 🙂
©Foodbound 2014-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sonal Kalra and “Foodbound” with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.