Chicken Fajita Wraps | Chicken Fajita Recipe
Last week was full of fun, frolic and food at Angie’s Fiesta Friday anniversary bash! This week, it only gets better! The extended celebrations are being co-hosted by Nancy @Feasting with Friends and Selma @Selma’s Table. This week, Fiesta Friday is all about main course and desserts!
For the celebrations this week, I decided to take last week’s Mexican affair, a step ahead and here I am, with Chicken Fajita Wraps for the evening.
This is how I made ’em 🙂
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman: Beef Fajitas
2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1 large Onion, sliced
3 small or 2 medium Bell Peppers (assorted)
2 tbs Oil (or as required)
2 tbs Lime Juice
2 tbs Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Jalapeño, minced
3/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Chili Powder (Mexican blend)
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Powder/Flakes
2 pinches of Black Pepper Powder
1/4 tsp Sugar(or to taste)
1/2 Cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned under the marinade list. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Divide the prepared marinade into 2 equal halves.
2. In a separate dish/bowl take the chicken breast pieces and marinate using one half of the above prepared marinade. Rub the marinade all over to make sure the chicken breasts are coated well. Set aside for minimum 4 hours.
3. In a separate bowl/plastic bag, add the sliced veggies and the balance marinade. Toss the veggies to make sure they are evenly coated. Refrigerate for the same amount of time, as the chicken.
4. When you are ready to make the Fajitas, heat 2 tbs oil on medium heat in a cast iron/heavy bottom skillet or fry pan. Once the oil is hot, cook the chicken breasts until fully cooked and no longer pink on the inside.
5. Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and increase the heat to medium-high. Now, add the marinated veggies to the same pan and cook until slightly golden, with brown specks. Keep stirring often, to make sure the veggies don’t burn. Do not overcook the veggies. They need to have a slight crunch. The whole process will hardly take a few minutes.
6. In the meanwhile, slice the chicken breast into thin strips. Warm up the tortillas and layer with the prepared veggies and chicken strips. Add shredded lettuce/ cheese and wrap ’em the way you like ’em!
7. Serve warm with Sour cream, Salsa and/or Guacamole!
Thank you Angie, for a fun-filled year! Lots of love & Luck for the year ahead!
©Foodbound, 2014-2018. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material, including photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sonal Kalra and “Foodbound” with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.