Eggless Red Velvet Brownies | Eggless Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
This is my 50th post for the blog 😀 Yayee! Had to be a sweet one!
A Red Velvet dessert has been on my mind for a while now & what better time than Christmas, to bake some Red Velvet goodies <3! I have been on a lookout for an Egg-less Red Velvet Brownie recipe,but couldn’t find a good one. I finally decided to adapt the egg-less version from the one I found on Food Network. The end result was a moist, cakey brownie!
1/3 cup Oil
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 tbsp +1/4 tsp – Red Food Color
3/4 tsp Vinegar
1/2 cup Cultured Buttermilk (not traditional buttermilk) ** Check notes
3/4 cup All Purpose flour(APF)/Maida
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Ingredients : CHEESECAKE SWIRL (Optional)
8 oz / 226 gms Cream Cheese,softened
2 tbsp Greek yogurt/Hung curd
1/4 cup Sugar
1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
1. WET MIX – In a bowl, take the oil and add sugar. Mix well. Now add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and salt. Stir well to make sure there are no lumps. Now add the food color followed by the vinegar. Next add the buttermilk to the above mixture and combine well. The wet mix is now ready. Set aside.
2. DRY MIX– In a separate bowl, sift in the APF and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Slowly add the DRY MIX to the WET MIX in 2 parts. Combine well to make sure there are no lumps. Your brownie batter is now ready.
5. CHEESECAKE SWIRL MIX – Using a stand mixer/ hand mixer, blend and combine the softened cream cheese with Greek yogurt, sugar and vanilla essence. The cheesecake batter in now ready.
6. Baking :
RED VELVET BROWNIES– If baking plain Red Velvet Brownies – Transfer the prepared batter to the greased pan and bake for 30-32 minutes OR until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
RED VELVET CHEESECAKE SWIRL BROWNIES – If baking plain Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies – Transfer the prepared brownie batter to the greased pan, saving a few tablespoons of batter for the top layer. Now layer the brownie batter with the cheesecake batter.
Cover the cheesecake batter with the saved brownie batter. Take a knife and carefully swirl through the layer to make cheesecake swirls. Bake for 30-32 minutes OR until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Need help with the swirls? Watch the video here
7. By now, your house will be filled the deliciousness of the baking brownie. Once baked, cool the brownie completely, on the cooling rack. Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!!!
1. Add the ingredients in the above mentioned order only.
2. As all ovens and their heat settings differ, keep a close eye on the brownie and check once after 28 minutes.
3. The brownies can be stored covered, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. At room temperature the brownies will stay good for 2-3 days and about 5-6 days in the refrigerator. That is if they last that long.
4. If you don’t have buttermilk readily available, you may use a mixture of Milk and Vinegar. Take 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tbsp Vinegar and set aside for 5-7 mins. After the wait time, you may use it in place of buttermilk.
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas! Be good!
©Foodbound 2014-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sonal Kalra and “Foodbound” with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.