Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Looking for an easy snack option? This is the answer 😀
Looking for a Party snack option? This is the answer 😀
Looking for ideas for your Li’l one’s tiffin box? This is the answer 😀
Looking for a dish to cook with your kids? This is the answer 😀
Looking for a chocolate fix but not in a mood to consume a few thousand calories? This is the answer
“Homemade Chocolate Popcorn” ❤ ❤ ❤
This is how I made it!
4 Cups Popped Corn (Unsalted)
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips/ Chunks ( Milk Chocolate, Semi-sweet Chocolate, Mint, Caramel, Dark, White Chocolate – Any that you like)
1. Melt the chocolate chips/chunks in the microwave or a double boiler. I microwaved it for 4 times for 25 seconds each. Mash & stir the melted chips in each interval to make sure there are no lumps.
2. Take the popped corn kernels in a large bowl and drizzle the chocolate slowly on the corn. Keep tossing the corn as you drizzle the sauce, so that the corn is just lightly coated with the chocolate layer. Make sure not to drop all the chocolate in one place or the pop corn will become soggy.
3. Use a spatula to toss the corn. Be gentle. Once coated, keep the bowl in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
4. Once the chocolate sets, you might have to use your hands to break any cluster that might have formed. Store in an air tight container or a zip lock bag at room temperature. Enjoy !
1. Avoid using salted popcorn or the ones loaded with butter.
2. Remove any un-popped kernels. The popcorn should be at room temperature when you drizzle the chocolate.
3. The time required for melting the chocolate in the microwave, will depend on the size of the chocolate chips/chunks & the power settings of the microwave. Keep checking the melted chocolate at regular intervals.
4. I know it will be hard to wait before you pop some chocolatey corn, but please make sure you wait for the chocolate to set completely or else you will have melted chocolate all over your hands! Haha! That’s one lesson I learnt :p !