For the Pastry Dough:
1 cup All purpose flour
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon Ajwain ( Carom Seeds )
1/3 cup Chilled Water (or more or less)
5 medium potatoes – Boiled , peeled and chopped into very small cubes
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
2-4 chopped Green chilies
1.5 teaspoon Coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
1.5 teaspoon Amchur ( dry mango powder )
Salt – As per taste
1/4 cup – Chopped Cilantro leaves
2-3 tablespoons oil
Making the Pastry Dough:
1) Mix the flour, salt, oil , ajwain well and then add the chilled water, a tablespoon at a time, to make a soft dough . Knead the dough for a few minutes to make sure its smooth and pliable.
2) Set it aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
Making the Filling:
1) Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat .
2) Once the oil is hot , add cumin seeds , green chilies, coriander powder , salt and stir for few seconds.
3) Add the potatoes and stir-fry for a few minutes. Make sure they get coated with the spice mix. Now add garam masala and amchur. Adjust spices to taste.
4)Let the filling cool to room temperature.
Assembling the Pie:
1) After the resting period, knead the dough for a minute and divide into 3-4 equal parts. Roll out each part to approx 3-4 mm thickness and cut out the lids for the bowls – circles / squares or the shape of the your bowl.
2)Divide and spoon the filling, equally among the bowls. Brush water on the edges of the bowl.