Egg Recipes | Breakfast Recipes | Eggs in a Hash Brown Nest
There are days when you get bored of the regular scrambled eggs, omelette and the sunny side-up. It was one of those days for me… while hunting online, I came across this beauty from “Weelicious” and decided to try my hand at it. Boy! it only looked simple … took me a couple of tries to get it, the way I like it.
1 Potato , small , grated
Oil -few drops
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
1. Take the grated potato and squeeze the water by pressing it in between your palms. Shift the squeezed potatoes to a paper towel and remove the balance water.
2. Heat a small, non-stick skillet on medium heat and spread the dried, grated potatoes in a circular form. Make sure the potatoes are evenly distributed.
3. Add drops of oil all along it and sprinkle the salt as required. Press down using a ladle/spoon. Cook for a few minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Make sure not to burn it.
4. Once cooked, carefully flip **(check tips) and cook the other side as well. Cook the second side until fully 50% cooked. Carefully slide out of the skillet and shift to a plate.
5. In the same skillet break an egg, as you would for a sunny side up and place the hash browns carefully around the yolk. The half cooked side facing down.
6. Season the egg as required and cook until the egg is cooked. You may cover and cook, if you want to cook the yolk as well.
7. Once done, slide out carefully! Tada ! It’s ready 🙂 Dig in!
1. Make sure the potatoes are completely dry before placing on the skillet.
2. While spreading out the grated potato, make sure they are connected.
3. **Do not try to flip before one side is fully done or else there are chances, it might break.**
4.** If you have difficulties in flipping in the skillet itself, slide it out on a plate and flip.**
5. Do not press the potatoes too much or they will appear flat.