I love hummus and specially the ones available at Trader Joes ! They have so many flavors , my favorite being Jalapeño & Cilantro Hummus ❤ ! This is my version of the same … as close as I could get ! All Smiles 🙂 !
1 cup Chickpeas ( I used canned ) OR 1/2 Cup Dry Chickpeas ( soaked overnight (min 12 hours) and cooked – they will double up in size )
2 cloves Garlic
1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
1 tbsp. Chopped Jalapeño , seeds + membrane removed ( I used pickled Jalapeños )
2 tbsp. Greek yogurt , Plain
3 tbsp. Tahini Paste
2 tsp Lemon juice
1 – 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
Salt to taste
1) If using Canned beans , drain the preservative and wash the chickpeas in 2-3 changes of water . Whether using Dry / Canned Chickpeas , drain the water and set aside .
2 ) Blend chickpeas, garlic, lime juice, and salt into a smooth paste. You might have to stop the blender once or twice to stir the chickpeas for even blending .
3 ) To the above paste add greek yogurt, tahini paste and EVOO. Blend until well combined.
4 ) Next add cilantro and blend again for a minute. Add jalapeno and blend for 20 seconds.
5 ) It’s now ready to be served ! Serve with Falafels or Pita chips.
1) Make sure the chickpeas are blended well or else small pieces , which have to be chewed are a spoiler.
2) I added less lemon juice and EVOO . Please feel free to increase the quantity as per your taste.
3) I wanted small bits of Cilantro and Jalapeno in the hummus hence did not blend too much . You may blend more, for a smoother consistency.
4) Please make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after chopping Jalapeño . Decrease / Increase the quantity used, depending on the amount of heat you can handle.
Happy Munching ❤