I love hummus and specially the ones available at Trader Joes ! They have so many flavors , my favorite being Jalapeño & Cilantro Hummus ❤ ! This is my version of the same … as close as I could get! All Smiles 🙂 !
1 cup Chickpeas (I used canned) OR 1/2 Cup Dry Chickpeas (soaked overnight (min 12 hours) and cooked – they will double up in size)
2 cloves Garlic
1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
1 tbsp. Chopped Jalapeño, seeds + membrane removed ( I used pickled Jalapeños )
2 tbsp. Greek yogurt, Plain
3 tbsp. Tahini Paste
2 tsp Lemon juice
1 – 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
Salt to taste
1) If using Canned beans, drain the preservative and wash the chickpeas in 2-3 changes of water. Whether using Dry / Canned Chickpeas, drain the water and set aside.
2 ) Blend chickpeas, garlic, lime juice, and salt into a smooth paste. You might have to stop the blender once or twice to stir the chickpeas for even blending.
3 ) To the above paste add greek yogurt, tahini paste and EVOO. Blend until well combined.
4 ) Next add cilantro and blend again for a minute. Add jalapeno and blend for 20 seconds.
5 ) It’s now ready to be served ! Serve with Falafels or Pita chips.
1) Make sure the chickpeas are blended well or else small pieces , which have to be chewed are a spoiler.
2) I added less lemon juice and EVOO. Please feel free to increase the quantity as per your taste.
3) I wanted small bits of Cilantro and Jalapeno in the hummus hence did not blend too much. You may blend more, for a smoother consistency.
4) Please make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after chopping Jalapeño. Decrease / Increase the quantity used, depending on the amount of heat you can handle.
Happy Munching ❤
©Foodbound, 2014-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sonal Kalra and “Foodbound” with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.