My love for Italian (read food ) always seems to be simmering 🙂 . Its simple yet flavorful . I haven’t had the chance to try “Authentic” Italian , but once I do , I shall update this post narrating my experience .
It happens to be the weekend and my DH is traveling for work . I decide to go on a cleaning spree and by the time I finish , its already past my lunch time :/. After all the hard-work , I am in no mood to cook a full fledged meal . I open the refrigerator only to find no left-overs . The eggs are trying hard to grab my attention & I choose to ignore them . In one corner , I find the jar of Basil – Pesto looking at me with eyes full of love and hope…. no questions asked , no explanations given – we call it mutual admiration . Before I realized , We had a date ♥ !
I quickly decided to rustle up some Spaghetti Aglio e Olio , read Spaghetti with garlic and oil with some Pesto & Tomato Bruschetta . It couldn’t get easier than that . All smiles 🙂 … This reminds me , my friend Khushboo , would ALWAYS order this dish , when we went out for Italian food !
Serves : 1
2 Oz. Spaghetti
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 large or 2 small garlic cloves – minced or thinly sliced
1/8 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. Salt + To taste
1 tsp Finely chopped parsley (optional)
1 tsp. Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1) Bring water to a boil and add 1/2 tsp. salt along with the pasta. Cook the Pasta according to the directions on the package. Keep aside 2 tbsp. of the pasta water before you drain the pasta.
2) In the meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet , over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for a minute, stirring frequently, until golden. Make sure not to overcook the garlic, or else, the garlic will taste bitter.
3) Add the red pepper flakes and give it a quick stir.
4) Add the reserved pasta water to the oil and simmer. Lower the heat, add salt and give it a quick stir.
5) Now add the pasta to the skillet and toss. Switch off the heat and add the parsley. Toss well. If adding Parmesan, add at this stage. The pasta is now ready to be served.
Please feel free to comment & share . Would love to hear from you ! Enjoy !
Sonal Kalra 🙂