“Raita” is a cold yogurt condiment and can be used as a sauce or a dip to enhance the flavor of the dish . Raita is often served with Indian dishes like biryani , pulav , curries etc. to cut the heat of the spicy dishes. Raitas can be prepared with herbs , vegetable , fruits & even pulses . My favorite is the Mint Raita ♥ and I usually find myself dipping chips in it !
2 cups Plain Yogurt (Whisked )
1 Bunch – Mint Leaves
1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder ( optional
1 Green Chilli ( Optional )
1 / 8 tsp Red Chilli powder
Salt to Taste (according to taste)
1) Pluck and wash the mint leaves and add to the blender along-with green chilli , salt , red chilli power , cumin powder (if using ) and 2-3 tbsps. of yogurt from the above mentioned quantity.
2) Blend it to a fine paste and add it to the whisked yogurt.
3) Mix well and check seasoning .
4) It is now ready to be served with your favorite dish ! Serve chilled.
1) You may add a tablespoon or two of milk or water to make the consistency of the raita thinner. I prefer water.
2) Add a pinch or two of sugar, if you feel the mint is too strong and is making the raita bitter.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions . Enjoy ♥
Sonal Kalra 🙂
©Foodbound 2014-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sonal Kalra and “Foodbound” with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.