“Raita” is a cold yogurt condiment and can be used as a sauce or a dip to enhance the flavor of the dish . Raita is often served with Indian dishes like biryani , pulav , curries etc. to cut the heat of the spicy dishes. Raitas can be prepared with herbs , vegetable , fruits & even pulses . My favorite is the Mint Raita ♥ and I usually find myself dipping chips in it !
2 cups Plain Yogurt (Whisked )
1 Bunch – Mint Leaves
1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder ( optional
1 Green Chilli ( Optional )
1 / 8 tsp Red Chilli powder
Salt to Taste (according to taste)
1) Pluck and wash the mint leaves and add to the blender along-with green chilli , salt , red chilli power , cumin powder (if using ) and 2-3 tbsps. of yogurt from the above mentioned quantity.
2) Blend it to a fine paste and add it to the whisked yogurt.
3) Mix well and check seasoning .
4) It is now ready to be served with your favorite dish ! Serve chilled.
1) You may add a tablespoon or two of milk or water to make the consistency of the raita thinner. I prefer water.
2) Add a pinch or two of sugar, if you feel the mint is too strong and is making the raita bitter.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions . Enjoy ♥
Sonal Kalra 🙂